Chef Maggie Shares Her “Go To” Recipe:
(Recipe source unknown)
Whether you are interested in baking for yourself, your family or for a party, this recipe is a sure way to delight the chocolate lovers that surround you. Plus, this recipe has a secret – it’s gluten free! Now we know what some of you are thinking; it may not be tasty because it is gluten free. However, Chef Maggie knows how to create magic!
Recently, Poplar Springs was pleased to host a book signing event for Ellen Fox Emmerson, author of No Sacrifices Entertaining Gluten-Free, a cookbook geared for entertaining with flavor for those who have to have a gluten free diet due to the medical diagnosis of Celiac’s Disease or other conditions. Throughout the evening, attendees were able to taste test not only items from her cookbook, but also those from our kitchen. Chef Maggie baked these decadent delights and they were a hit with all, many were not even aware they were gluten free!
So, if you or someone you know loves chocolate (even if they are not on a special diet), this cookie will NOT disappoint you. The divine flavor and chocolate literally melt in your mouth. We bet you cannot eat just one! Here’s the recipe, we hope you enjoy.
- 8 oz. 70% Dark Chocolate*
- 8 oz. 56% Dark Chocolate*
- 2 oz. Butter
- 2 oz. Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 12 oz. Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 oz. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Melt both the 70% and 56% dark chocolates and butter over a double boiler.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add all the ingredients and mix, add the chocolate chips after all other ingredients.
- The dough will be very soft. Store in refrigerator for a few hours. This will help the dough to harden a little and easy to scoop.
- Scoop the dough using the smallest ice cream you can find onto a sheet tray with parchment at the bottom.
- Press the dough down a little so it can bake evenly.
- Bake for 9 minutes at 325 F (Ovens may vary).
- Serve at lukewarm temperature.