Historic Poplar Springs
The origins of Poplar Springs predate the era of the American Revolution. However, it was not until the late 1920s that Poplar Springs as we see it today was constructed. Prominent lawyer Robert Randolph Hicks and his bride, Rose Beatrice Sutton, are credited with building what is now the Manor House Restaurant. Designed to resemble 16th– and 17th-century European architecture, its primary construction utilized fieldstone located on the property, which is believed to have originated from the fireplaces of Civil War Union camps.
The Inn and Spa were added to the property in 2002, when the Manor House was converted into a formal restaurant. Poplar Springs quickly became a celebrated and renowned establishment, earning accolades nationwide.
- Voted Best Bed & Breakfast Location 2014 in Northern Virginia
- Voted Best Bed & Breakfast Location 2015 in Northern Virginia
- Voted Best Bed & Breakfast Location 2016 in Northern Virginia
- Voted Best Spa in Best of Warrenton 2016
- Voted OpenTables Diners’ Choice 2017
- Voted Wedding Wires Couples’ Choice 2017
- Voted Best Hotel/Lodging in Best of Warrenton 2017
- Voted Best Spa Services in Best of Warrenton 2017
- Voted 2nd Best Massage Services in Best of Warrenton 2017
- Voted 3rd Best Venue for Event/Reception in Best of Warrenton 2017
- Voted 3rd Best Seafood in Best of Warrenton 2017