Salary: $12.00 /hour
We seek a personable, hard working Maintenance Worker to assist in the upkeep of the facilities of our property to ensure a memorable experience for our valued guests. Our highly respected boutique resort & event venue is located on over 170 acres of beautiful Virginia countryside and features an amazing 22 room inn, fine dining restaurant, and spa with multiple event locations across property. This is a challenging yet rewarding venture for outgoing, hardworking, proactive individuals with trade skills & a desire to learn. Compensation includes salary, paid time off, and company health benefits.
This position is responsible for the completion of services and processes that support the core business of our property. Assists in providing the property with a safe work and guest environment. Also responsible for improving efficiency by helping to reduce operating costs.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
- Daytime Hours
- Weekdays & Weekends both required
- Ability to be on call
- Some holidays required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. *Other duties may be assigned.
- General upkeep & maintaining of the entire property
- Inspecting of the facilites
- Keeping grounds clean & groomed
- Ensure all equipment is in working order
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Repairs doors, door locks and closets
- Performs first-line repairs of plumbing, HVAC, electrical & building issues using work order system
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required
- Performs other outside duties such as mowing, landscaping, pool maintenance, set up of fire pits & delivering of firewood
*Basic Plumbing, Electrical and Carpentry skills preferred.
*Pay commensurate w/experience.Experience required.