Weekends only. 10a-6p. Hourly rate and/or commission.
We seek a personable, dedicated, client centered Spa Massage Therapist to create memorable experiences for our valued guests. Our highly respected and solidly established 21 room inn is located on over 170 acres of beautiful Virginia countryside and features both an amazing spa, fine dining restaurant, and multiple event locations across property. This is a challenging yet rewarding venture for hardworking, gracious individuals with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will possess have a good understanding of guest needs and work well independently.
- Provide massage services to guests.
- Provide body treatments to guests.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications before beginning service.
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably.
- Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
- Utilize, maintain and conduct inventory of supplies and products.
- Promote and sell spa/salon services including retail offerings related to the Spa.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Help when necessary to maintain cleanliness and assist in light housekeeping.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Maintain current skills and license in service area as per regional requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Genuinely cares about people, is empathetic and sympathetic while available and ready to help.
- Maintains composure and is cool under pressure.
- Includes standing, walking, kneeling, crouching. Frequent washing of hands and wear of gloves.
- Prolonged standing dependent on treatments along with manual dexterity.
- Perform general Spa duties, as needed.
*Esthetician license and experience a plus
Anticipated Time Commitments :
- Daytime hours
- Weekdays available
- Weekends required (includes Saturdays & Sundays)
- Some holidays required