We seek a personable, dedicated, client centered Spa Esthetician to create memorable experiences for our valued guests. Our highly respected and solidly established 21 room inn is located on over 170 acres of beautiful Virginia countryside and features both an amazing spa, fine dining restaurant, and multiple event locations across property. This is a challenging yet rewarding venture for hardworking, gracious individuals with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will possess have a good understanding of guest needs and work well independently.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Display a positive attitude toward profession and behave in accordance with our core value of being in service to one another and our guests. Display behavior and attitude of team player.
- Provide facial services, treatments to guests in accordance with Poplar Springs Treatments as directed by leadership.
- Provide exceptional guest support managing change in a gracious and hospitable manner.
- Escort and manage the guests movements to and from treatment rooms, lounges, hot tub, locker rooms and saunas through checkout process considerate of promoting guest comfort and safety
- Comply with intake assessments to determine guest needs and possible contraindications before beginning service. Depending on response, reassess and advise guest of treatment and options.
- Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities.
- Clean your workstation, treatment room, and contribute to the overall cleanliness of the spa common areas. Help when necessary to maintain laundry supply, wash spa dishes and assist in light housekeeping.
- Comply with all opening and closing procedures to insure the sanctuary and safety of our spa. Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Adhere to policies on use of spa supplies and products.
- Promote and sell spa services including retail of the Spa.
- Maintain a minimum of 35% retail to treatment ratio.
- Manage client schedule as set out by the spa and maintain time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Display genuine respect, empathy and care for guest and staff alike.
- Maintains composure and professionalism at all times.
- Includes standing, walking, kneeling, crouching. Frequent washing of hands and wear of gloves.
- Prolonged standing dependent on treatments along with manual dexterity.
- Perform other Spa duties, as deemed necessary by management
This is a W2 hourly plus commission position.
Our spa uses the Image Skincare line.
Anticipated Time Commitments :
- Various hours morning, afternoon and evening
- Weekdays available
- Weekends required (includes Saturdays & Sundays)
- Some holidays required